Malvern's Kinexus line of rotational rheometers. The new Kinexus ultra+, Kinexus pro+ and Kinexus Lab+ incorporate enhancements to unique proprietary air bearing technology, the performance defining technology that sits at the heart of the rotational rheometer.
Kinexus ultra+, Kinexus pro+ and Kinexus Lab+ capitalize on and extend the market-defining strengths of the Bohlin rheometers that precede them and which are known for their low torque, high sensitivity measurement. The new enhancements reduce the inherent torque bias that exists in all rotational rheometer bearings. This development minimizes data corrections and extends the torque range of the instrument.
These Kinexus rheometers deliver high performance characterization of dispersions, complex fluids and soft solids and are used within a diverse range of industries and applications - from pharmaceutical drug development through to food quality testing. The Kinexus platform has dual-action capabilities for advanced shear and vertical testing that enable detailed investigation of the structural characteristics of dispersed systems.
The unique Kinexus rSpace software user interface has broken new ground in using sequence-driven operation, which delivers both the flexibility of test design needed in academic research and the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) protocols essential to consistent testing in an industrial environment.
Kinexus+ series – Benefit
Unique hardware features that offer unmatched instrument set-up and ease of use
• Unique cartridge system, geometry interchange, USB connection - real ‘plug and play’ capabilities throughout the
SOP-driven tests for the first time on a rheometer interface
• For example, the ‘Sample-loading’ sequence takes the uncertainty out and puts the intelligence and robustness in
for a critical user interaction
Complete sample history captured every time
• Getting reliable rheology data for complex non-Newtonian materials starts before a measurement - capture data as
soon as a sample is introduced onto the rheometer to see what’s being missed!
Advanced vertical test capabilities that give the ability to measure more
• e.g. a ‘fragile’ material that typically fractures at relatively low shear rates – run under squeeze flow to
extend measurement range – Kinexus has the capability to make this easy!
Total flexibility of control for unique test capabilities
• You think it……….Kinexus can run it! With synchronised raw data rates up to several kHz available as
standard so you can clearly see what’s going on
- Pharmaceutical & Bulk Drugs